Benefits retailers will receive by using ESL are as follows:
– Save on labour having to manually replace paper tags. ESLs are an automated price updating system.
– Ability to update product pricing and information immediately. Eliminating the time to print a new label and have someone replace the tag manually.
– Price accuracy between shelf label and POS.
– Reduce penalties from price discrepancies.
– Manage and monitor multiple stores shelf level pricing from a single location.
Besides displaying price and product information, ESLs can be used with features such as Near Field Communication (NFC) to analyse customer shopping patterns. The information from the ESL can be extended and used as part of your marketing tools.
ESLs with NFC can be used for the consumer to use their smartphones as channel to receive additional product information. This information can be about products, special event coupons, advertisements, as well as product location, all to provide a convenient shopping experience.